COMMUNITY FORUMS

Return to: Forums » Questions » Airport Express/Air Tunes Plus Outcast Jr.
Subject: Airport Express/Air Tunes Plus Outcast Jr.
Author: JairyH (06:45PM, Sep 24, 2009)

Just got my Outcast Jr. working this afternoon, thanks to a simple system prefs adjustment recommended by Omar (thanks Omar!). Awesome product.

Hopefully someone will have an answer for this slight problem. UAT is connected to computer, and computer speakers are connected to the UAT. The Outcast Jr. works great on my deck via iTunes (Mac OS 10.5.8).

The problem I'm having is that in the den (adjacent to the deck), stereo speakers are linked to Airport Express, and they do appear and can be selected under "multiple speakers" in iTunes window. The sound plays for about 5-10 seconds then nothing. I'm pretty sure it has to do with radio interference, as the problem goes away when the UAT and Outcast are turned off. Also works fine when the Outcast is in the room with the computer/UAT (Air Express/stereo speakers in den).

Any ideas, adjustments, etc. ?
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Subject: re: Airport Express/Air Tunes Plus Outcast Jr.
Author: OmarV (09:04AM, Nov 11, 2009)

Airport Express will work fine as long as Soundcast products are not at a close proximity. Try to leave at least 3 feet away from your Mac devices to your Soundcast products.
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Return to: Forums » Questions