COMMUNITY FORUMS

Return to: Forums » Wants and Desires » Other MP3 Players
Subject: Other MP3 Players
Author: MandyK (07:13AM, Sep 13, 2009)

I saw this product for the first time yesterday (Saturday) at a home show and plan to buy the system first thing Monday. Great product and exactly what we're looking for to listen to music out by the pool.

As many products today are, because of market share, the system is designed around the iPod. Do you plan to work directly with other players? I am a Rhapsody user with multiple Sansa devices, so the iCast is of little use to me.

We'll have to plug into the OutCast speaker directly, which takes away some of the features and means it loses some of the weatherproofing (aux port must be opened).

Would be nice to have another option for us 'non-iPod' folks.

Thanks!
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Subject: re: Other MP3 Players
Author: OmarV (05:47PM, Nov 10, 2009)

Our products were designed thinking mainly about iPOD users. For that reason our design focused on functionality with the iPOD. An extra step we took was to allow external audio sources to work with them and provide the same high quality sound. Adding navigation control for the big diversity of mp3 players in the market will require a massive redesign and we are not heading towards that direction at this point. You might take a moment to look at our UAT on the web site. It offers control of playlists where your MP3 music is most likely resident anyways. Fun stuff!
Subject: re: Other MP3 Players
Author: ChrisL (03:40PM, Dec 19, 2009)

I agree with MandyK, you need to make adapters that will allow the contol of other devices! We have the 120 Giga Byte Microsoft ZUNE MP3 Audio/Video Player.

It would be awesome to be able to be in our Hot Tub and listen to and CONTROL our Zune from the Hot Tub console as it is an IHT Hot Tub and the controls are configured to use the IPOD.

I wish we knew this before we bought the Hot Tub and its wireless system, the saleman either didn't know these things or he was a liar...
Return to: Forums » Wants and Desires