COMMUNITY FORUMS

Return to: Forums » Wants and Desires » Stereo Transmitter
Subject: Stereo Transmitter
Author: ChristopherS (05:58PM, Dec 20, 2008 - last edited 06:00PM, Dec 20, 2008)

I understand the limitations that you currently had to deal with with startup expenditure etc, but I hope that you will offer a stereo transmitter (the option of running two of the available three channels) from one transmitter to a pair of outcasts. For those who desire this effect at the moment, I am fairly certain it can be achieved by acquiring two transmitters, two outcast speaker/receivers and running them on separate frequencies. Connection to iPod through headphone jack to a two-way splitter and running one channel to each of the icast transceivers should do the trick. (Just watch the line level output on the ipod to ensure that the icast units aren't accidentally overdriven. )

I love it! I didn't care for the frequency response initially, but was able to correct it with software eq to a more pleasing sound. The fit and finish of the product is excellent, and I will be ordering another unit soon.

Keep up the good work!
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Subject: re: Stereo Transmitter
Author: MalH (03:10PM, Dec 22, 2008)

ChristopherS wrote:
I understand the limitations that you currently had to deal with with startup expenditure etc, but I hope that you will offer a stereo transmitter (the option of running two of the available three channels) from one transmitter to a pair of outcasts. For those who desire this effect at the moment, I am fairly certain it can be achieved by acquiring two transmitters, two outcast speaker/receivers and running them on separate frequencies. Connection to iPod through headphone jack to a two-way splitter and running one channel to each of the icast transceivers should do the trick. (Just watch the line level output on the ipod to ensure that the icast units aren't accidentally overdriven. )

I love it! I didn't care for the frequency response initially, but was able to correct it with software eq to a more pleasing sound. The fit and finish of the product is excellent, and I will be ordering another unit soon.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your kind comments. We are going to surprise you! In 2009 we will be shipping a new release of the OutCast with new firmware that will allow you to command each unit to be a stereo system, or a left or a right speaker for a system. This will be accomplished by simple combination of button commands and can easily be undone as well. This will be April or May product.
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Return to: Forums » Wants and Desires