Community Forums

Rants and Raves » Not enough LFE gain for SubCast
Subject: Not enough LFE gain for SubCast
Author: DavidI (09:49PM, Jun 17, 2011)

I just installed my Soundcast SubCast today. I am having some issues with a lack of LFE signal making it to the sub. I turned the subwoofer level all the way up on my Yamaha RX-V633, and that helped, but there is definitely a significant amount of loss.

In some cases, the sub will not auto power on from standby, and the volume of the sub is very low even at near maximum on the subwoofer and the level on the receiver.

The SubCast unit is set to gain-low, room-s, and channel-3. Could better cables improve the signal enough to make a difference?
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Subject: re: Not enough LFE gain for SubCast
Author: OmarV (09:08AM, Jun 20, 2011)

David,

I would read your subwoofer manual to see if there's a setting that you need to change in order for the sub to sound correctly when using the RCA inputs.
The gain setting on the SubCast transmitter is 1 to 1 when you use the "Low" input setting. Also, the frequency response is flat through the whole frequency span, so you shouldn't hear any loss in the audio.
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams