Community Forums

Rants and Raves » Outcast just stopped working, less than 1 year old
Subject: Outcast just stopped working, less than 1 year old
Author: TedH (02:24PM, Jun 16, 2010)

I really enjoyed my Outcast, as I bought it last June for use outside. However, it just stopped working. None of the buttons on the unit work, either with the unit plugged in or unplugged.. This sounds very similar to the other thread about a lemon. $800 is a lot to spend for an outdoor speaker, so I expect more durability.

With that, I expect better customer service. I had to send 2 emails to your support email address to realize I wouldn't get a response. So I had to call your 800 number, and was provided with an email with an RMA (10-0615-2) and have heard nothing further after providing my information. That's not responsive - - I would expect some sort of troubleshooting assistance or some guidance on shipping and the repair turnaround time.

The sad realization is, it will probably take 4-6 weeks to repair and the season is close to over. I'd like to return this to the dealer for exchange instead of facing a long repair time, and I'd like to hear from you. Please tell me I can expect more.

Ted
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Subject: re: Outcast just stopped working, less than 1 year old
Author: OmarV (01:52PM, Jun 17, 2010)

Ted, can you write me an email with your contact information. It is a very, very busy season but we would like to help you in the best way we can.
Author: TedH (01:26PM, Jun 18, 2010)

Omar, I sent you an email yesterday at 5:41. I hope to hear from you shortly.

Ted
Author: TedH (07:58AM, Jun 20, 2010)

Omar, I sent you an email but keep getting a delivery delay notification which probably indicates your email box is overflowing. I'd appreciate a response from you or your customer service before I pursue action with Ms. Dumanis (DA of San Diego County).

This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:

Message-id: <C8400EA4.2289%[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:40:52 -0400
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: FW: RMA#10-0615-2

Your message has been enqueued and undeliverable for 2 days
to the following recipients:

Recipient address: [email protected]
Reason: unable to deliver this message after 2 days

Ted
McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams