COMMUNITY FORUMS

Return to: Forums » Rants and Raves » WiFi disabling on iPod Touch
Subject: WiFi disabling on iPod Touch
Author: FrankG (08:55PM, Jul 18, 2009)

As soon as I dock my iPod Touch the WiFi connection breaks almost immediately. If you are streaming a radio station for instance and you dock, you could transmit that signal for 10 to 15 seconds and hear the sound from the speakers until it disconnects.

Is the iCast 2.4Ghz signal interfering with the iPod WiFi and causing it to break communication with my wireless router?
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Subject: re: WiFi disabling on iPod Touch
Author: OmarV (10:40AM, Jul 29, 2009)

The iCast was originally designed for iPod. When the iPhone and the Touch were introduced to the market Apple made some significant changes to the rules of the game. Our product works extremely well with iPods and it gives you excellent audio quality. If you’re trying to stream music from your iPod Touch while it is docked in the iCast the Wi-Fi signal is very likely to break since the iPod’s antenna is very, very close to the iCast antenna. iCast wasn't designed for this kind of operation but it can be used if you do the following: connect your Touch to the iCast by means of the provided mini plug cable. Just connect it in the rear side of the transmitter and make sure you leave at least 3 ft between the transmitter and your iPod touch. The radios will then not conflict and you will have everything you need. Keep in mind that in this configuration the track controls in the receiver side will not be functional.
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Return to: Forums » Rants and Raves