COMMUNITY FORUMS

Return to: Forums » Rants and Raves » Not seeing each other!!!!! Flashing Blue Light
Subject: Not seeing each other!!!!! Flashing Blue Light
Author: DavidB (12:17PM, Jul 15, 2009)

Had mine for a year, no probs........ then it stops in middle of a song and the blue light flash's on the icast and the light flash's on the Soundacast. Humph I think Odd, turn it all off, turn back on and nothing, still the same. Have tried all three channels and it does not work. Have been trying now for three days, had it working for two mins, then it did the same. Very frustrating, what is going on? Help please......
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Subject: re: Not seeing each other!!!!! Flashing Blue Light
Author: MalH (11:10AM, Jul 17, 2009)

David,
The only things I can think of from what your brief description indicates require some basic trouble shooting:
1. Eliminate the obvious
A. If you take an iPOd or any music player and plug directly into the OutCast through the AUX jack does it play?
B. Is the problem occurring with the system on battery power and when plugged in? Try battery power only, first. Then try 110V power with battery removed. Rarely does a NMh battery just dump, but sometimes it happens that it refuses a charge. So....does this happen when it is plugged in and there is no battery inside? When there is a battery inside?
These two tests will determine if the problem is in the OutCast or at the transmitter end.
B. Link failure: If the systems are talking to each other without a problem and then the RF link goes away one of two things is happening. The iCast power supply has died, easy fix, we send you a new one, or... there is something else going on that our frequency hopping technology cannot escape (hasn't happened but it could be a cause. Is there something new in the mix?
Contact Customer service with your findings and we will QUICKLY get you back in action. Thanks
Author: DavidB (09:05AM, Jul 19, 2009 - last edited 09:07AM, Jul 19, 2009)

OK, it works fine plugged directly to the headphone jack. I have been running it on mains and battery and it works fine connected to the headphone jack.
Appears to be the icast transmitter power fail.
Author: MarcusP (06:34PM, Aug 04, 2009)

I've been selling the OutCast for over a year now, and around half of them have had this problem. When I contacted our distributor, he informed me that it was most likely the power supply for the transmitter. He provided replacements, and lo and behold, problem solved. He also told me that these power supplies had been recently modified, so this shouldn't be an issue with newer models.
Hope this finds everyone well.
Return to: Forums » Rants and Raves