Community Forums

Rants and Raves » Crackles, pops, and dropouts
Subject: Crackles, pops, and dropouts
Author: LizB (08:42PM, Mar 03, 2012)

Have Outcast Jr and UAT that have worked for years, but now produce crackles, pops, and dropouts.

(UAT is hooked to a home SONOS system.)

I've experimented with different channels (including different channels on the Sonos system); and moved around the UAT (away from other electronics), but to no avail.

Thoughts?
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Subject: re: Crackles, pops, and dropouts
Author: OmarV (07:55PM, Mar 05, 2012)

Liz,

Sonos works in the same frequency band as Soundcast products, therefore the recommendation is to separate them from each other as much as possible. Don't put the transmitter on top of the Sonos device! Also take a look around and see if you're running other wireless products that you don't really need and disconnect them to clean up the environment a little bit RF wise.
Author: OmarV (09:57PM, Mar 05, 2012)

Leave at least 3ft in between devices.
Author: LizB (03:19PM, Mar 17, 2012)

Update:

The transmitter is as far a way from the SONOS as the cord will allow.

I've noticed that the crackling problem varies as I move the speaker around the house: worse in the two rooms filled with electronics (eg, home theater system, wireless router, desktop computer, etc.), but fine in rooms with no electronics.

Unfortunately, I purchased the speaker to use in the backyard and I haven't figured out a way to position the transmitter to avoid the "electronic wall of noise" between the speaker and transmitter.

(And I can't live without my WiFi. . .)

Liz
Author: OmarV (05:11PM, Mar 20, 2012)

Liz,

Can you sent me an email so that I can send you a document with troubleshooting tips?

Thanks
[email protected]
McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams