COMMUNITY FORUMS

Return to: Forums » Questions » Same Room and Mult-Room System.
Subject: Same Room and Mult-Room System.
Author: VincentM (09:25AM, Jan 13, 2009)

If I were to get two receivers and use one the same room as the UAT (with computer speakers connected to the UAT's output) and then have the other receiver upstairs, do I need to use the same room setting on the UAT?

What is the advantage of using the multi-room setting over the same room setting if I didn't have the receiver in the same room?
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Subject: re: Same Room and Mult-Room System.
Author: MalH (02:39PM, Feb 26, 2009 - last edited 02:46PM, Feb 26, 2009)

There is a two part answer to your question so lets take it in the reverse order:
1. The UAT has two latency settings. The first is the "M" setting which is 64 ms and this gives us the extraordinarily robust range and strength to be able to get good signal no matter what. With a 64 ms setting we can claim UP TO 350 feet depending on the building and the amount of metal attentuating our signal. The "S" setting is a 15 ms latency and is intended for same room or near room applications or where latency is important. This setting will reduce the range, but give you the ability to use the product for rear surrounds, or for subwoofer applications in a home theater. Within the average frame home the S setting should work fine.
2. Each Soundcast system will support two receivers for each transmitter. In your home a UAT should work just fine with a receiver downstairs and another upstairs. If latency with "S" is not affecting range then either setting will work. The only place you will notice this difference audibly is if you try to use the M setting in a surround application (boom on screen, then boom behind you).
Sign In or Create an Account to Reply to this Topic
Return to: Forums » Questions